Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Senior Vice President and CEO designees
Home Office Location: Norfolk, VA
The coordination of the planning, development and implementation of all aspects of a sales-based marketing and communication strategy for Frye Properties, Inc., its divisions and affiliated entities, as well as owned and managed residential and commercial properties. Marketing and Communications plans expected to drive success and ensure achievement of multi- year goals for expanding company specializing in real estate development, management, construction and sales, and ensuring alignment with corporate branding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement Marketing and Communications strategies to enhance Company image and position with the marketplace and general public;
- Develop, manage and implement all Marketing, Communications and relative resources for all channels that support the Company image, all product branding and goals;
- Directly manage effective website designs and timely content management for multiple sites;
- Ensure website functionality and accuracy. Ensure that 404 and other errors are responded to immediately, and all websites align with Company branding. Ensure optimization of Company website traffic to achieve Company goals;
- Creative development and management of all digital/online and offline marketing channels including print, outdoor, video, photography, promotions, etc.;
- Directly manage results oriented social media marketing, including managing social media responses.
- Directly manage and optimize Marketing and Communications budgets; ensure all marketing and communications functions and activities are tracked and provide to management timely cost benefit analysis to ensure marketing dollar investment is maximized and within agreed upon budget;
- Coordinate Public Relations for Frye Properties, Inc, including media responses, media requests for information, and initiate regular proactive contact with target media;
- Track, record, measure and report on a regular basis media impressions for company, including editorial and direct advertising. Monitor media activity of key partners, projects and others as directed;
- Create, manage and direct all marketing and communications traffic schedules on weekly/daily basis as required;
- Manage and direct all agencies, freelance entities, vendors, etc. involved in the creation, production, installation, activation of all outsourced marketing and communications functions;
- Manage and monitor all media buys, creative, and post affidavits;
- Remain current on emerging marketing and communication practices and market changes;
- Recommend marketing and public relations opportunities;
- Provide concise and effective oral, written and electronic updates to senior management at regular intervals;
- Conduct relevant market research on a consistent basis; monitor trends and identify relevant marketing niches that may provide opportunity or risk to the Company. Provide briefing to senior leadership and develop recommendations that may be of value to the Company;
- Support training for sales and rental operations of the company;
- As requested, attend or facilitate meetings and events on behalf of the Company for networking purposes or for Company sponsorship of events and other strategic meetings;
- Manage and direct special projects as directed by Sr. VP and/or CEO;
Perform related duties as required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to execute and lead projects independently and provide and effectively communicate strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
- Must be able to lead and guide effectively.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of directly related marketing and communications experience for a multifaceted mid-size or larger professional services organization. Experience in real estate sales and multi- family operations preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, or a closely related field.
- Strong broad ranging knowledge and current relevant experiences in marketing and communications in a wide variety of channels required.
- Constant learning of new and emerging marketing approaches and channels desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, as well as demonstrate knowledge/competency of industry software, such as In-Design, Photoshop, etc. Must be professionally proficient in social media marketing.
- A professional appearance, as well as exceptional verbal, written and electronic communication ability, is essential.
- Strong project management skills required. Lead projects and teams as needed and accept direction on given assignments.
- Job will require a flexible schedule of work days, some after hours, and some weekend hours as required.
We look forward to hearing from you!